To cook savory salted pork leg at home, fresh lean pork is suitable. Ingredients: aromatic pepper, cinnamon, saltpeter, sugar, pork, salt, garlic.
- 2.25 kg pork leg
- 1 1/3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 6 tbsp pink pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dark ground pepper
- 1.5 tbsp dill seed
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- Grind dill seeds and pink pepper separately in a meat grinder, mix part (23) of pepper with dill, finely chopped garlic, salt and vegetable oil.
- Make a number of deepest longitudinal cuts in the ham, rub into their dill–garlic paste and coat a whole piece of meat.
- Put the ham in the mold and remove to marinate in the refrigerator for 8–9 hours, then take out the pork and let stand for an hour.
- Preheat the oven (170–180 degrees centigrade), bake the meat for about two hours, put it on a board and allow it to cool for half an hour.
- Pour vermouth into a saucepan, pour a tablespoon of juice from baking meat, allow to boil and after two minutes pour in broth, add the remaining chopped pink pepper and 5 minutes. cook over high heat until the amount of water is equal to one glass.
- Dissolve the butter, add flour, mix and add everything to the sauce, cook, stirring continuously with a whisk for two minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Before serving, cut the pork leg with vermouth and pink pepper into pieces and pour over the sauce.